Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A sad day

Yesterday, my dear Grandmother, Ruby Jo, passed away. I heard that she was very peaceful in the end and I am thankful for that. I am also very thankful that my parents made it down to Alabama in time to be there for her final days. My Grandmother was surrounded by her children, a lot of her grandchildren and other loved ones.

I am very sad for my mother, but I am glad that she is able to be with her family and that they can all support each other. I wish that I was down there too, but logistically, I'm just not sure that it's an option. I'm waiting to hear about the funeral arrangements before I make my final decision. I have to admit, I feel very lonely up here right now :(

I love you Grandmother and I will miss you.

Photobucket
My mother and grandmother - November, 1994 (or '93)

1 comment:

Souza Sisters said...

I am so sorry for your loss... I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. Glad your mom was able to be with her... Big (((HUGS))) to you and your family.