Friday, December 26, 2008

Oreo Truffles - An update to my Nunya Cookie story

In a different post I mentioned that I was going to make some cookies for my husband to bring to work. Well...a couple days before the cookie exchange, he forwarded me an email with the "directions" for the exchange. In the email, it clearly stated that copies of the recipe were to be brought and shared. My husband wasn't keen on the idea of bringing the cookies and not the recipe, no matter what little story (excuse) I thought of to go along with it.. As far as I was concerned, this meant that I had to find another cookie to make. With a recipe that I didn't mind sharing. So...I made Oreo Truffles. They only have a few ingredients and are very easy to make.
Photobucket


Oreo Truffles

1 package (1lb. 2 oz. ) Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 package (8 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
2 packages (8 squares each) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Mix 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well, blended. Shape into 42 (1 inch) balls.

Dip the balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs (or other sprinkles).

Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.



Once I started making them, I remembered that I had made them last year, but that they didn't turn out too well. Then I realized that I crushed the cookies by hand last year. This year I have a little food processor and I used that to crush them. That made a HUGE difference.

I will gladly share this recipe and I suggest that you give it a try. They are very yummy! But, the nutritional information says that they are 100 calories EACH! Yikes!! I've had quite a few and I made them bigger than 1 inch because I didn't end up with 42 for each batch. My husband said that they are even better than the Nunya Cookies. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Krisi and Adam said...

These look so good. I made some in the past and just did not turn out. And at 100 calories each I think I will need to pass!

Thanks for visiting my site. My to do list still has about 90 things on it (but it was a productive day yesterday). I like to see and actually list out what progress I made every so often -- makes me feel better!

phillips phamily said...

I made these for the first time this year. I made mine small so I could take a batch to two different parties. They freeze really well! (So you won't be tempted to eat them). ;)

Thanks for stopping by my site on the tour!