Friday, December 26, 2008

Menu Plan - Christmas Day

I missed Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Organizing Junkie this week because I was just too busy with Christmas related things. I was visiting her blog today and decided that I would go ahead and at least post our Christmas dinner.

One of the things that I was working on earlier this week was what to eat on Christmas Eve and Day. My mother usually hosts Christmas Day, along with every other holiday, but since they just arrived home from their Alabama/Florida trip on Saturday, I thought that I would offer to host our small gathering(us, my parents, my brother and niece).

I honestly never know what to make for a group of people outside of our own immediate family. I like to make sure that there is something for everyone so I decided to do a buffet style meal with a bunch of easy types of food. This also insured that there would be some easy food for my kids to eat which would make things easier for me.

Starters:

Celery and carrots with dip
Cheese and pepperoni
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Taco Dip



Dinner:

Italian meatballs in sauce
Popcorn chicken
Italian chicken sandwiches
mini hot dogs
Corn Salad
pasta salad

Photobucket
(I was hoping to get a good before shot, but by the time I remembered, it was too late.)

Dessert:

Oreo Truffles
Sugar Cookies (the easy little Pillsbury ones)
Jubilee Roll (ice cream roll from Friendly's)
Mini cream puffs and eclairs (Sara Lee)
Peppermint Pig

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was all very simple food and maybe some day I will make a more traditional type Christmas meal, but for this year, it worked out well for us.

No comments: