Thursday, April 9, 2009

Takin' It Off Tuesday

(Once again, I'm just going to ignore the fact that it's Thursday already...sigh...)

I did pretty well with walking/exercise this week. My goal was 25 miles.
Sunday - walked 6 miles
Monday - 5 miles on the elliptical
Tuesday - walked 2 miles
Wednesday - 5 miles on the elliptical
Thursday - walked 7 miles (at one time - wow, that was tough towards the end!)
Friday - day off
Saturday - walked 5 miles

My goal for this week is 28 miles. I don't think that I'm going to make it :( At this point, I have 15 miles and 3 of those were from a Walk Away the Pounds dvd, so I don't think that really counts as 3. It's been a little bit of a tough week exercise-wise, because I have a sick child home with me. Hopefully I can pick up some more miles the rest of the week.

Since the weather has gotten nice, I have pretty much ditched the elliptical and have just been walking. Until this week. The weather was cold on Monday so I decided that I really didn't want to be out in it but I wanted to get 5 miles in. I honestly didn't think that I would be able to do 5 miles on the elliptical because I do that at a much faster pace than I walk. I walk a mile in a smidge under 14 1/2 minutes. I can do a mile on the elliptical in about 9 1/2 minutes. I was very proud of myself that I was able to do the 5 miles without passing out or worse. It felt good and I was actually thinking that maybe I should do that once a week. I wasn't really planning on doing it again so soon on Wednesday, but it was raining pretty hard out :( I think it was a little easier to do on Wednesday. It's fun to think back to when I started the elliptical and how I wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes at that pace and I now I can do about 47 minutes straight. Plus, there is a huge difference in what the machine says that my heart rate is now, compared to when I first started. It's nice to see/feel progress!

I had a huge feel good moment this week when I saw someone that I haven't seen in over 2 months and she commented on how I have lost weight. I could have kissed her :)

I feel like I have moved past the place where I stalled out and am now on to my next point where I'll get stuck :)

No comments: