Monday, April 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday





I'm so glad to actually be posting this this week. Usually Mondays come and go so fast, but this week I have my menu set, shopping done and am posting this on time :)

Monday - Weeknight Lasagna (from the recent Kraft magazine - I love getting that!!)

Tuesday - Hot dogs

Wednesday - Grilled cheese and soup

Thursday - Oven Fried Chicken Toes and Cheese Fries **

Friday - Spaghetti

Saturday - Pizza night

Sunday - Easter Brunch out and then probably sandwiches or something later

** My two oldest daughters have been showing a big interest in helping me make dinner. Usually, because that is my worst time of the day, I tend to put them off. I say things like "not tonight" or "there's nothing to help with," etc. I know this is not a good idea, but for me, it's hard enough for just me to make dinner, let alone add trying to teach anyone anything. However, I know that I'm not doing them, or myself, any favors by not letting them help out. So...I am going to try, once a week, to make a meal that is designed to have them actively participate. For now, I will probably focus on just letting my oldest two help out, but we'll see how that goes :) Our Thursday meal is from a Rachael Ray cookbook designed for kids (I can't remember the title right now).

Last week we made make-your-own-pizzas as part of my effort to let them participate more in making dinner. They were a huge hit. They don't know about my plan right now, but I'm sure once they find out, they will be very excited. I would like, at some point, to involve them more in the meal planning and the shopping, but, I shouldn't get too ahead of myself...:)

For a bunch of great meal ideas, visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie. Happy Eating everyone :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of planning one meal a week that the kids can help make. I might try that myself.