Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back in the saddle...

As I am writing this, I am thinking about how I am sore from exercising yesterday. For the first time in weeks! Boy, oh boy, did I get comfortable over the past several weeks. I started slacking off a little bit before Thanksgiving and then if just snowballed (ha ha - a little seasonal humor - get it?).

Between the holidays and going on vacation, I have been living in something outside of reality for awhile. In a way it was nice because I didn't worry about things like meals and schedules as much. But...it also meant that I didn't do things like exercise and eat like I should or drink as much water as I should, and so on and so on...

My husband and I stayed up too late playing games on the Wii but it was ok because he doesn't need as much sleep as I do and I didn't have to worry about getting up early.

I really enjoyed the time off with the girls. I am really loving the ages that they are right now. It is so wonderful having the youngest be 4 years old. I feel like they are finally old enough that we can do things without it causing major stress and anxiety for me. Or without it taking me hours to prep and pack for an outing. The other day I took my three youngest (6,4 and 4) to a children's museum (on what was probably one of their busiest days) without blinking an eye. It wasn't that long ago that I wouldn't take the three of them there on a slow day. But, I took them and it was great. The place is huge with a lot of different places to go, but they are old enough now to (generally) not have to worry about them running off. They actually follow directions (some of the time)!! It's such a great feeling!

Now, here I am back to reality. I guess that I should just try and embrace it.

1 comment:

Controlling My Chaos said...

I am right back on that exercise wagon with you too. Whoo hoo! Pain is good, right?