Thursday, May 22, 2008

Road Bump #1

Our minivan (our main mode of transportation since my husband's car doesn't fit all of us!) is 9 years old. It has over 100,000 miles on it, but has been very good to us. We have had it in for service recently (the last time was earlier this week) for a bad gas line and then to replace the gas tank. We were glad to get that fixed just in time to leave this weekend. However...as I was driving it yesterday, I noticed that the Service Engine Soon light came on. Ummm...that's not good. As the day went on, and the light didn't go off, I worried more about how to break this to my husband rather than what is actually wrong with the car.

Last night we decided that today, I would stop by the place where we got it fixed and see what they have to say. This should be interesting!

I would be heartbroken if we can't go, but the real problem is this: my daughter's 6th birthday will be when we are in AL and I have sent all of her presents and birthday supplies ahead with my parents because they had some extra room and we won't. Hmmm...I wonder how much it will be to have those overnighted back to us. Ok...no...just think positive, think positive...

No comments: