Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

See...I love the idea of theme days...

My children are still young (4,4,6 and 9) but as they get older, I am finding myself with a little more "free" time. Most of the time, it's when everyone is in school, but sometimes it's unexpected like when they go over to my parents house at the last minute. When I'm in the thick of things, I often think of what I'd do if I had a child(ren)-free moment, but when it actually happens, I don't know what to do with myself. I think it's because there is really so much that I could be doing, that I don't even know where to begin.

Lately, I've been spending much of my free time exercising. But today, was a day off from exercising and I found myself with a chunk of time while everyone was at school. I had so many plans: listing some things on Craigslist, cleaning, doing some laundry, organizing a couple of things...

Do you know what I did? I ate lunch, watched my DVR'd The Biggest Loser and made a mad dash around the house, picking up a few things, before I went to pick up my little ones from school. I think sometimes that those preschool hours are the quickest hours of my life!! Hopefully next time I'll be a little more productive!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dropped by to see your Tuesday post and there wasn't one. Hope you aren't getting too discouraged. Have a great day!